Sunday, October 6, 2013

Week 10: 4 Vials of blood...NBD...


This week I had my first REAL prenatal visit. I say real because the first time we went to the doctor it was just a pregnancy test to confirm and the second time we went was for the ultrasound- which I talked about in the week 9 post. The first two were exciting...this one not so much... I was there for an hour and a half (insert side eye emoji). BUT it was all for the good of my little munchkin, so it was well worth it. If you haven't been pregnant before- here is what you can expect from this appointment. A sit down with your doctor to talk about you and your partners medical history, genetics, a Q & A, and a bag full of information pamphlets and a book. See not so bad..oh wait I forgot about the 4 vials of blood (ahhhhhh), the pap smear, and the full body physical...NBD (hahahaha).  Highlight of my appointment- the smart ass nurse that told me back in her day they took 8 vials and this was nothing. Ugh, rude! If I wanted your opinion, I would have asked. 

Other than that I've been trying to get this chalkboard update board thing together for my bump pics. YUP, I saw it on Pinterest ...only I couldn't find a chalkboard so I got a black dry erase board. A total FAIL because you can't see any of the markers that were supposedly vibrant and chalk wouldn't work on it either. SO, to Hobby Lobby I will go in search of a real chalkboard. 

Symptoms

I have been feeling pretty good most days. Nausea returned this week- still not as bad as earlier weeks but no fun nonetheless. I was tired enough to take a nap one day, that says a lot for me. I do not nap! I was able to work out 3 days this week, which is my goal this trimester since being exhausted often gets in the way. I did cardio on the bike and 4MPH walk on the treadmill on a 5 incline twice this week and I climbed Stone Mountain. The hike is getting harder because I get winded much faster but it is my best workout- my FitBit says I burn about 1,034 calories.  


Cravings

This week I have been a little more partial to sweets than in the earlier weeks. I am also still having random cravings. Nothing consistent...basically I want what I want in that moment. I guess that's been consistent lol! I haven't had near as many food aversions as in earlier weeks.  Some of my cravings this week.. grilled cheese and tomato soup (that and PB and J have been consistent..so I guess I lied),  Ranch Pringles (amazing), and salad with a lot of green olives and cucumbers (I do eat healthy too, I promise). 

BumpWatch

Still no major moves in this department- just a bloated belly. I do notice my pants fitting tighter around the waist, especially as the day goes on. But nothing anyone else has noticed...or has mentioned to me. Who knows, they could be thinking Amanda better step away from the grilled cheese...but they don't know my life!

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment